Monday, August 27, 2012

Statement From Archbishop-designate Cordileone


Here's his Excellency's statement about the events of Friday night/early Saturday morning in San Diego:
"While visiting in San Diego this past weekend, I had dinner at the home of some friends along with a priest friend visiting from outside the country and my mother, who lives near San  Diego State University. While driving my mother home, I passed through a DUI checkpoint the police had set up near the SDSU campus before I reached her home, and was found to be over the California legal blood alcohol level.
"I apologize for my error in judgment and feel shame for the disgrace I have brought upon the Church and myself. I will repay my debt to society and I ask forgiveness from my family and my friends and co-workers at the Diocese of Oakland and the Archdiocese of San Francisco.  I pray that God, in His inscrutable wisdom, will bring some good out of this."
It should come as no surprise to anyone that His Excellency is "manning up."

1 comment:

Maria said...

It is no accident that this has happened. The enemy never sleeps and surely had the good Bishop in mind. How the laity need to pray, fast and sacrifice for our priests. How they need us....He will come through...Good for you, Padre for standing up for him!!